November 5th EPOA Board Meeting
- Call to order, 6:35p – Angela
TOPIC 1: Finance Update
- Brian provided an update on finances.
TOPIC 2: ACC Update
- The ACC provided the monthly report via email.
- Brett Thompson also joined the monthly board meeting.
TOPIC 3: Other Topics
- Last month, board members discussed possibly coordinating a food truck in the neighborhood.
- The club has agreed to using the club parking lot (on Mondays), as long as the truck(s) have a valid insurance certificate.
- Next steps: Marilyn will reach out to food trucks to book for November – December.
- Last month, board members discussed the idea of creating a neighborhood business directory of homeowners who run their own businesses.
- Angela included information in the monthly newsletter.
- We had positive responses.
- Next steps: Angela will create a page on the Facebook group page, which is password protected, and will add the information from the businesses that have responded.
- Neighborhood trash cleanup
- Last month we received a request from Peggy Pence seeking volunteers to participate in a VDOT street cleanup effort.
- Angela created a Facebook post to announce the event and seek volunteers.
- Angela will follow up with Peggy to get an update.
- Marilyn brought up the topic of having a jewelry appraiser come to the neighborhood to perform updated appraisals for homeowners, like a “group buy”.
- There was low response from residents, so this won’t be moving forward.
- The board discussed ideas for socially-distanced social events during the holidays. Angela and Marilyn will work on a house decorating idea, where residents can drive around and vote. The winning house will win a prize. Angela will create a Facebook post to gauge interest.
Meeting closed at 7:12 PM